The move is in line with UAE’s keenness to support members of society and reduce their burdens during the current situation.
His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, on Monday directed the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department to halt all rental property eviction cases currently underway, along with executive procedures like imprisonment, blocking of bank accounts, seizure of vehicles, stocks and assets for a period of two months.
The decision exempts cases related to alimony and labour disputes.
The move is in line with the UAE government’s keenness to support members of society and reduce their burdens during the current situation.
Source: Khaleej Times
At 3:25 am, the Khaleej Times newspaper is already at my door step. Thank you guys. You are part of our unsung heroes!.
In this present situation, it is our duty say thank you to you, for continuing to do, what you have been doing all these years. Whether it is rain, sandstorm, or now, Covid-19, You are always duty bound to be ahead.
For all, this is the best time, if you are with your children to bring back the old habit of reading aloud from the printed books, magazines and newspapers. Try it out!.
Thank you and #WorkingTogetherWorks – We all will follow government and regulatory guidelines and will win over this phase too.
Best wishes to all #unsungheroes – who make things happen these days.
@rameshmenonauh / #TalentShare / RameshMenonAbuDhabi
23 March 2020 / 3:25 AM
A new campaign urging residents to stay home has been launched in the UAE. This is among the several initiatives the country has launched to combat the spread of Covid-19.
On Saturday, Dr Farida Al Hosani, the official spokesperson for the health sector in the country, stressed on the message during her briefing about the latest updates of the Covid-19 situation.
Read Khaleej Timesto know more
The internet giant said it worked with ‘relevant agencies and authorities’ to roll out the site, which went live late Friday .
Google launched a website dedicated to information about Covid-19 a week after US President Donald Trump touted the company’s help in the fight against the pandemic.
The internet giant said it worked with “relevant agencies and authorities” to roll out the site – google.com/covid19 – which went live on the web late Friday offering education, prevention and local resources related to the novel coronavirus.
Read more at: The National
ABU DHABI, 17th March 2020 (WAM) – The UAE Government has ramped up coronavirus testing following the pandemic’s spread.
As of Tuesday, the 17th of March, 127,000 individuals had been tested for coronavirus in the UAE, according to the Ministry of Health and Prevention.
Theses figures, relayed to the Emirates News Agency, indicate the country’s concerted efforts to prevent the further spread of the virus, which has caused 187,000 confirmed cases worldwide.
Read more at: WAM
ABU DHABI, 13th March 2020 (WAM) – Follow health and hygiene protocols laid down by WHO and governments, the English language daily ‘Gulf News’ urged in an editorial today.
With Covid-19 being declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, there’s understandably a lot of anxiety, panic and paranoia around the world over the rapidly spreading virus.
While it’s safe to fly out if you absolutely need to, this will help minimise the risks of spreading infections, especially among the more vulnerable section of the population.
Similarly, panic-buying of hand sanitisers, spray disinfectants and wet wipes is irresponsible let’s remember that for any of us to remain safe and infection-free, it’s equally important for our friends and neighbours to be infection-free too! And the best way to do that is to follow the health and hygiene protocols laid down by WHO and governments and remain vigilant at all times. Since the symptoms for coronavirus are very similar to the common flu, it’s essential that we don’t ignore any cough and cold conditions and take adequate precautions while commuting or interacting with others.
With such simple but critical steps and avoiding unwarranted risks, we will win the battle against coronavirus.
ABU DHABI, 12th March, 2020 (WAM) — An official website to keep the public informed about the coronavirus outbreak has been launched by the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, and the Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre.
Developed by the UAE-based artificial intelligence services firm, Saal.ai, the website, addressed as ‘ https://doh.gov.ae/en/covid-19′, includes interactive features, updates from official sources, and answers in English and Arabic to related queries on the novel virus through an AI chatbot.
We explain the outbreak, symptoms, precautions and other details
An interesting and detailed graphical presentation from Gulf News.
The Department of Health, Abu Dhabi, has urged all healthcare facilities to cancel all health events and activities, planned or otherwise, for the months of March, April and May, in a bid to control the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus.
According to a circular issued by the department to all healthcare facilities, which Khaleej Times has read, the decision was made as part of its efforts to put public benefit as a top priority and to ensure adequate measures against the spread of the epidemic.
The circular also said the decision was made following the increasing number of detected cases in different countries all over the world and in the Middle East.
Presently, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has increased the assessment of the risk spread and risk impact of Covid-19 to very high in the global level.
Source: Khaleej Times