Public must apply for permission each time they go shopping, government confirms.
Dubai residents must obtain prior permission each time they leave their homes as part of efforts to curb the spread of coronavirus.
The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management confirmed on Sunday that all journeys outside of the home – including to pick up essential groceries – must be approved in advance.
People must register their planned trips online and outline the reason for their request, say where they will be going and give an estimated duration they will be away from their address. Those found breaching the stay-home measures will face ‘stringent legal action’.
The strict measures the latest part of the emirate’s round-the-clock restrictions on travel, which were first ramped up on Saturday.
Only one member of a household can now leave home for essential shopping in supermarkets and pharmacies. The only other journeys that are allowed are to hospital or a doctor’s appointment.
People must also wear a mask and gloves at all times once outside – not only when arriving at a shop.
An application must be filled out at https://dxbpermit.gov.ae/home before every journey.
Users will be asked to enter their mobile phone number and will then be sent a verification code to allow them to move to the application page of the site.
They must then give their Emirates ID, the plate number of their car and their address.
It must also include the time the person will leave and return time home and their destination.
Essential workers, which includes medical workers and supermarket staff among others, will not need to apply to go to work each day.
But they must carry a letter from their employer stating who they are and their Emirates ID at all times.
“The Committee stressed that only individuals registering on the website will be able to obtain permission to leave home,” said a statement from the disaster management committee.
“Those violating the restrictions will face stringent legal action. The compliance of all people is vital to the success of measures to combat the virus and ensure the highest levels of protection in the community.”
In other developments, any driver who has been flashed by speed camera in recent days would not have to pay a fine, Dubai Media Office said. But any use of a vehicle without a permit as of Sunday would be met with consequences.
On Saturday, the UAE recorded 241 new Covid-19 cases, taking the total to 1,505.
The death of an Arab national, aged 53, took the death toll to 10, while 17 more people recovered, bringing that total to 125.
The new tally means the number of cases almost tripled in a week. Officials said the figure would rise as testing increased and investigators work to trace people who had been in contact with patients before they showed symptoms.
On Saturday, Dubai closed both lines of the Metro and the tram until further notice, according to a letter sent to station retailers.
Source: The National
Strict measures in place to restrict movement in Dubai to curb spread of coronavirus
- The measures will be effective from 8pm on Saturday, April 4, 2020 for a period of two weeks, subject to renewal.
- Individuals will not be allowed to leave the house, except for essential purposes or if they are working in vital sectors exempted from the restrictions.
- All people leaving home should wear a mask, gloves and ensure they keep a safe distance from others.
- Source: Gulf News
ABU DHABI, 3rd April, 2020 (WAM) — The Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, DoH, has launched a new smartphone application “Stay Home” that ensures people requested to self-quarantine adhere to mandatory quarantine requirements.
Designed to protect both those in self-quarantine and the community, the app ensures they do not come into contact with other people during their quarantine period, thereby maximising the benefit of self-quarantine procedures.
The app is part of the Department’s constant commitment to limiting the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19, and is among the series of comprehensives measures and preventative actions taken to safeguard the health and safety of the community.
The “Stay Home” app will enable the Department to stay informed of the whereabouts of people who are in mandatory home quarantine, determine their location and ensure that the conditions of the quarantine are not violated in the best interests of them, their families and society at large.
The “Stay Home” app can be downloaded through Google Play and the Apple Store. Every person asked to self-quarantine at home will get a username and password to be able to use the app. The app then sends alerts that inform users to stay within the range of movement allowed during the quarantine period.
Earlier, Dubai had also suspended public parking fees during the hours of the sterilisation drive.
Abu Dhabi announced suspension of parking fees on Sunday.
Abu Dhabi’s Department of Municipalities and Transport announced the suspension of Mawaqif parking fees for a period of three weeks starting from March 30 (Monday).
The policy will be subject to revision and extension.
Source: Khaleej Times
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation and the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship have announced exemption of medical tests for workers whose work permits have expired.
Work permits and residence visas will be issued and renewed automatically for labourers employed by companies and support service staff such as domestic workers as part of precautionary measures taken by the UAE to curb the spread of Covid-19.
Read more at: Khaljeej Times
News update: Thank you heroes, Sheikh Mohammed tells front-line defenders in UAE against coronavirus
In a video message to medical professionals in UAE, he thanked the heroes
Dubai: His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, praised the hard work and dedication of UAE first line of defenders against coronavirus (COVID-19).
In a tweet, Sheikh Mohammed said: “Thank you to all of those in the first line of defense. Thanks you for your sacrifices, sleepless nights, and efforts made for the sake of the nation. You are the true nation protectors and our loyal soldiers. I call on everyone to thank them for their strenuous and sustained efforts being made around the clock. To all doctors, nurses, paramedics and administrators in our health sector, Thank You.”
Read more at: Gulf News
News update:Coronavirus in UAE: Sheikh Mohammed posts emotional video, launches drive to thank health workers
Dubai Ruler thanks the first line of defence.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has launched an online campaign to thank healthcare workers in the UAE.
Taking to Twitter, Sheikh Mohammed invited everyone to thank doctors, nurses, paramedics and hospital administrators. Residents can express their gratitude with #ThankYouHeroes.
Sheikh Mohammed shared a video that showed the chaotic circumstances healthcare workers toil under. One scene showed a healthcare professional leaving his phone on a table as he rushes to assist an emergency case. A WhatsApp photo he received shows a girl celebrating her birthday captioned: “We wish you were here.” His reply – “Tell her that I miss her” – remained unsent.
Read more at: Khaleej Times
A new campaign urging residents to stay home has been launched in the UAE. This is among the several initiatives the country has launched to combat the spread of Covid-19.
On Saturday, Dr Farida Al Hosani, the official spokesperson for the health sector in the country, stressed on the message during her briefing about the latest updates of the Covid-19 situation.
Read Khaleej Timesto know more