Road Safety and Seat Belts
Do you know? – that it was on 27th April 1989 – Mandatory seat belt law was made effective in Italy. Seat belts were invented by English Engineer George Cayley.
Personally, I love to promote #Safety initiatives and in particular #RoadSafety. Here are some examples:
Total’s Golden Rule # On Traffic says, We must Wear Seat Belts when we are in a moving car. Rule No. 2 of Total’s 12 Golden Rules emphasize focus on Road Safety.
If you wish to introduce your children to Total’s 12 Golden Rules and to know more (click here)
This is the best time and opportunity.
By the way, TOTAL, is Committed To Road Safety and is actively committed to road safety and works in partnership with leading stakeholders. In particular, Total is:
- An active member of the Global Road Safety Partnership.
- A founding member of the U.N. Road Safety Trust Fund.
- A member of the FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety, which brings together decision-makers from across the business world, international institutions and NGOs, and includes members of the FIA (International Automobile Federation) network.
- A partner of the French Ministry of the Interior as part of the “safer roads” campaign.
- A member of the International Road Federation.
Total has also come out with three interesting Road Safety Videos as part of it’s Safe Driver Campaigns.